She has ample experience in project finance negotiations as well as in drafting and negotiation of corporate and project finance contracts. In addition, she provides advice to companies in relation to their incorporation in Bolivia as well as on corporate governance and on doing business in general in this country, with emphasis on due diligence procedures.
During the past years she has advised European and Asian companies in different mining operations, including several M&As, negotiating contracts with COMIBOL, carried out due diligences for several other potential operations, including project financing of mining operations in Bolivia.
She has provided advice in important international investments arbitration proceedings as well as on commercial arbitration proceedings. She has also provided assistance as a foreign consultant to King & Spalding in its New York offices (2013).
Finally, Alejandra Guevara has worked as a qualified English – Spanish and Spanish - English translator, particularly of complex legal documents.
- Universidad Privada Boliviana, La Paz, Law Degree (Summa Cum Laude);
- Universidad Católica Boliviana, La Paz, Masters in Business Administration (Cum Laude and awarded best thesis with a Manual for Managers)
- New York University, New York, LLM in International Business Regulation, Litigation and Arbitration (awarded the Dean’s Graduate Award).
Admissions and memberships
- La Paz Bar Association
- Bolivian Ministry of Justice
- “Energy Disputes”, Getting the Deal Through – coauthor of the Bolivian chapter.
- “Public Procurement”, Getting the Deal Through – coauthor of the Bolivian chapter.