As the partner in charge of the IP department of the firm, he counsels corporate clients on trademark cases and transactions; He focuses his practice on IP litigation, and he has ample experience in advertising law. He is also responsible for the coordination of the entire department of IP law of the firm.
Before joining Guevara & Gutiérrez, he worked in several institutions related to intellectual property, both in Bolivia and abroad. He was the head of the trademarks department at the Bolivian IP Authority SENAPI, acted as assistant consultant to the drafting committee of the ministry of justice in charge of the creation of the Bolivian IP act, and worked as a foreign associate at the boutique firm “Pons Patentes y Marcas” in Madrid, Spain.
- Universidad Católica Boliviana UCB, La Paz - Bolivia - Law Degree;
- Universidad de Alicante, Spain - LL.M. in Intellectual Property Law;
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolivar, Bolivia – LL.M. in Law and Economics;
- Universidad Mayor de San Andrés UMSA, Bolivia – Diploma on higher education.
Admissions and memberships
- La Paz Bar Association
- Bolivian Ministry of Justice
- Member of GALA (Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance)
- Member of INTA (International Trademark Association) – ADR Committee
- Member of IIDA (Interamerican Institute of Copyright)
- Member of ASIPI (Interamerican Association of IP Law)
- Registered Arbitrator at the World Intellectual Property Organization for IP matters
- Registered Arbitrator at the National Chamber of Commerce of Bolivia for IP matters
Universidad Andina Simón Bolivar, La Paz, Bolivia
- Adjunct Professor for postgraduate courses. Courses: Legal frameworks for national and international IP practice. Lectured classes of graduated lawyers; was responsible for course content and structure.
Universidad Mayor de San Andrés – UMSA, La Paz, Bolivia
- Adjunct Professor for postgraduate courses. Course: Intellectual Property Law. Lectured classes of graduated lawyers; was responsible for course content and structure.
Universidad Católica Boliviana – UCB, La Paz, Bolivia
- Assistant Professor for undergraduate courses. Course: Intellectual Property Law. Lectured classes of law students.
Recurrent panelist and lecturer in several national and international events on IP Law