He worked as Bolivian Law Counsel on various international arbitrations and litigations including cases conducted by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the Inter-American Commercial Arbitration Commission (IACAC) and the Permanent Court of Arbitration. He was a member of the board of directors of Yacimientos Petrolíferos Fiscales Bolivianos in 1989; Banco Central de Bolivia (Bolivian Central Bank) in 1990; Nacional Financiera (Second Tier Banking Institution) in 1996-1997; National Stock Exchange Commission in 1994-1996; and he is a member of the board of directors BISA Bank, since 2000 to present date. He was a member of the drafting commission of the Central Bank Law; the former Arbitration and Mediation Law; Exports Promotion Law; Securities Law; Pension Fund Law; and Hydrocarbons Law.
- St. John's University, New York, Undergraduate Studies;
- Université des Sciences Sociales, Tolouse, Certificat d'Aptitude a l'Administration des Enterprises, M.B.A.;
- Institut d'Etudes Internationales et de Development, Tolouse, Studies in International Commerce;
- Universidad Mayor de San Andrés, La Paz, Lawyer;
- Instituto para el Desarrollo de Empresarios y Administradores, La Paz, Studies in Banking Law, Labor Law, Warrants;
- Institut International de Droit du Dévelopment, Rome, Seminar on Investment Treaties, Investment Contracts and Joint Ventures.
Admissions and memberships
- La Paz Bar Association
- Bolivian Ministry of Justice
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Registered arbitrator at the Bolivian Chamber of Commerce Arbitration Center.