Partner at Guevara & Gutierrez since 2002 Jorge has been in charge of structuring the development and finance of projects and investments in various matters concerning natural resources; he has also advised clients in structured finance operations and in international projects for foreign corporations doing business in Bolivia. He regularly advises companies on the functioning of their corporate governance mechanisms. He has ample experience in advising clients for the resolution of controversies through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, such as negotiation and conciliation.
While an international associate of Piper Rudnick LLP, in New York during the years 2001 and 2002, he formed part of the corporate and project finance practice group. As such he was involved in the development of financing projects in domestic and international energy projects.
- Universidad Católica Boliviana, La Paz, Law Degree;
- Georgetown University, Washington DC, LLM in International Legal Studies;
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolivar, La Paz, Master in Law and Economics.
Admissions and memberships
- La Paz Bar Association
- Bolivian Ministry of Justice
- Authorized to practice law in the State of New York, USA
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
- Union Internationale des Advocats (UIA) – International Association of Lawyers
- American Bar Association (ABA)